Below, we’ll discloses to you how to update a Samsung Smart TV. Directions apply comprehensively to most Samsung Smart TVs made after 2013.
In the event that your TV can’t associate with the internet, download the most recent update to a USB drive and attach it into your TV for a manual installation.
Be that as it may, updating the software of a Samsung TV is very easy. All you need do is follow the below instruction.
- Go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Auto Update to empower programmed updates.
- Go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now to check for updates physically.
How to Set Your Samsung Smart TV to Update Automatically
You can have your Samsung Smart TV update naturally so you don’t need to commit time to do it without anyone else’s help. In spite of the fact that there’s actually a distinction among software and firmware updates, Samsung frequently utilizes the expression “software Update” to incorporate both. To initiate this component, play out these means:
Ensure your TV is associated with the web.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Auto Update.
At the point when you turn your TV on and it identifies another update, it will download and introduce it before you can continue to watch anything or utilize the TV’s different capacities. This may require a few minutes, depending on the idea of the update. In the event that you chose the Auto Update alternative and an update opens up while you are sitting in front of the TV, the update will download and introduce out of sight, at that point introduce the next time you turn the TV on.
Update Your TV Manually via the Internet
In the event that your TV is associated with the Internet, however you like to actuate firmware/programming update physically, you can do as such.
Here are the means:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Support.
- Select Software Update.
Select Update Now. In the event that an update is accessible, the download and establishment cycle will be started in a similar way as examined in the Auto Update segment above.
In the event that no updates accessible, select OK to leave the Settings menu and continue to utilize the TV.
How to Update Your TV Manually via USB
In the event that your TV isn’t associated with the Internet or you like to introduce software/firmware updates locally, you have the choice of doing this by means of USB. To utilize this alternative, you need to initially download the update to a PC or Laptop:
- Go to the Samsung Online Support Site.
- Enter the model number of your TV in the Search Support Box. This should take you to the help page for your TV model.
Your model number ought to take after this: UN40KU6300FXZA.
- Select Information Page.
- Select Downloads or scroll down to Manuals and Downloads.
- Select Download or See More.
- Download the Software/Firmware updates your PC or Laptop.
The firmware document you download from the site is a compacted record with the extension .EXE.
- Fitting a USB streak drive into your PC or Laptop.
- Run the document you’ve downloaded: When asked where you need to have the record substance unfastened, select a USB streak drive with adequate limit.
- Once the download is done and unfastened on the USB streak drive, plug it into a USB port on the TV.
- In the event that you have more than one USB port, ensure no other USB gadgets are connected to any of the USB ports.
- Utilizing the TV’s controller, select the Home or Smart Hub icon, at that point the Settings icon on the TV screen, which resembles a stuff.
- Look down and select Support.
- Select Software Update and then Update Now.
- Select the USB option. You’ll see a message on the screen that reads “Examining USB. This may take more than 1 min.”
Follow any further prompts to begin the update cycle.
- At the point when the cycle is finished, the Samsung Smart TV will shut down consequently, at that point betray, showing the product update introduced accurately and is prepared to utilize.
- To additionally affirm you’ve refreshed the product, you can go into Settings, select Software Update, then Update Now. The TV will show you have the most recent update.
Try not to turn-off your TV during the update cycle. The TV should stay controlled on until the update is finished. The TV will turn off and on naturally subsequent to finishing the product update, which reboots the TV.
How to Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV
To keep utilizing the Samsung applications introduced on your Smart TV, you’ll need to ensure you have the most recent forms. This is isolated from refreshing the TV’s framework software or firmware, as each application has its own structure. The simplest method to keep your applications refreshed is to have the TV do it naturally.
To set this up, utilize the accompanying advances:
- Press the Smart Hub/Home button your Samsung TV far off.
- In the Smart Hub Home Menu, select Apps.
- Select My Apps.
- Select Options and make sure Auto Update is set to On.
- In the event that you don’t need the applications to update naturally, set Auto Update to Off.
- In case you’re utilizing the manual alternative, when you select an individual application you’ll be informed if an update is accessible.
Follow any further messages or prompts to start the update cycle.
At the point when the update is finished, the application will open so you can utilize it.
In the event that you own a more seasoned Samsung Smart TV, for example, one delivered before the 2016 model year, there might be a few varieties in the means expected to refresh applications:
- 2015 Models: Press the Menu button your distant, select Smart Hub > App and Game Auto Update > On.
- 2014 Models: Press the Menu button your distant. Select Smart Hub > App Settings > Auto-Update.
- 2013 Models: Press the Smart Hub button on your distant, select Apps > More Apps, at that point follow any extra prompts.
The Bottom Line
With the above information, updating your smart TVs would be a breeze. However, if you encounter any error while carrying out your update, ensure you consult a professional.